Yoga is like swimming. You can imagine what it must be like to plunge in, glide through the water, float. But one can never describe exactly what that’s like. And so it is with yoga…the only way to truly understand what yoga is…is to practice yoga.
You begin to explore. To dive into uncharted places within yourself.
To go beyond the routine of life. It is to renew the mind, body and spirit.
When you find yoga, you find yourself.
What are some of the physical benefits of a yoga practice?
- Helps alleviate chronic back pain
- Improved sleep
- Effective in controlling weight
- Deeper, fuller breathing (yoga breath) that occurs super-oxygenates the body and energizes all of the systems and glands
- The calming effect on the mind improves focus and concentrationKeeps joints flexible
- Improves circulation
- Prevents injury while practicing other sports and speeds the healing process
- An effective way to manage emotional challenges during recovery