Yoga is like swimming. You can imagine what it must be like to plunge in, glide through the water, float. But one can never describe exactly what that’s like. And so it is with yoga…the only way to truly understand what yoga is…is to practice yoga.
What are some of the physical benefits of a yoga practice?
- Helps alleviate chronic back pain
- Improved sleep
- Deeper, fuller breathing (yoga breath) super-oxygenates the body and energizes all of the systems and glands
- Calms the mind improves focus and concentrationKeeps joints flexible
- Reduces the effects of stress (we all have it, how do we manage it?)
- Improves circulation
- Lowers the chances of injury while practicing other sports
- An effective way to manage emotional and physical challenges during recovery